Citalopram for 13 weeks 10,20 and then 30mg for the last 6 weeks.

Posted , 4 users are following.

After 13 weeks having good days and bad days too. The mornings always appear to be the worst and then feel better as the day goes on. Is this normal? How much longer until I will feel better all day.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hi sheila people say the morning anxiety can be the last to go. Hang in there! i have been on cit for 9 weeks - last 7 on 20. thinking of increasing to 30 as my health anxiety is still quite bad. im really nervous about getting all the side effects back again. how did it effect you going from 20-30 and did you feel better on 30? thanks heaps

• Posted

The change from 20 to 30 was not too bad and I think I am better on this dose. I have health anxiety too and have had numerous of investigations done. I lost my swallow in August so have been eating really mushy foods it is still bad and have had numerous tests all ok including a barium swallow test and a head and neck Mri. They say it is all down to anxiety but I find it hard to believe when swallowing is so difficult and uncomfortable and it is so slow to eat. I have e just started seeing a psychologist, saw a psychiatrist without alot of success I have had no follow up after 7 weeks. My health anxiety started in mid June it has been the worst few months of my life feeling very detached as well.

• Posted

oh June thats no good at all. health anxiety is such an awful thing. i have a similar thing with shortness of breath, Feel like i have to take deep breaths all the time and sometimes cant catch my breath - its like some air hunger thing and apparently its all anxiety. i had a swallowing thing too many years ago. it is amazing what anxiety can create,

• Posted

It is awful been like it since July!! How did you get your swallow better

• Posted

i just stopped worrying about and it went away. its amazing what our mind can create and make our bodies do. Are you seeing a nutritionist or anyone for advice on how to manage it?

• Posted

I have been having shakes on prescription from the doctors and am managing soft food ie shepherd's pie, fish pie etc. It is uncomfortable though and so frustrating especially this time of year. I have started seeing a psychologist too

• Posted

Maybe it's because of your change in doses that your side effects haven't settled. How long have you been on 30mg?

• Posted

6 weeks now but the swallowing issue has been going on for ages.

• Posted

Just from personal experience, it took me a good couple of months to even begin to feel like I was starting to come back down to earth/for side effects to completely wear off.

• Posted

Really sorry to hear this though, the swallow issue must really be having an impact on this for you. Take care x

• Posted

It definitely is but they say it is all psychological and down to anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.