Citalopram for 6 months, feeling hopeless

Posted , 2 users are following.

I started taking Citalopram mid June at 10mg, end of August I was increased to 20mg as I was feeling not much difference, neither dosage really gave me many side effects either so around mid Nov I was increased to 30mg

The first couple of weeks I felt more or less the same, however last week I experienced sleep maintenance insomnia almost every single day. I am now sleeping a bit better, but I feel so drained, exhausted, fed up and hopeless. I feel defeated, and impatient. I want to do so many things but when I try to do too much it just knocks me back and I take a big dive.

Things have gotten a little better since I started treatment, I am working more now which was my main goal, however I am still very far from where I want to be, and am losing all hope of getting there

I just wanted to post on here really to see if anyone else has experienced this sort of thing and come out the other side and had any real success with Citalopram. I am hoping that if these are just strong side effects I am experiencing to the higher dose, then maybe it is going to do more for me this time, as I haven't experienced many side effects with it up to now?

Any encouragement or success stories would be much appreciated, feeling a little disheartened here 😦

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.