Citalopram for clinical depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve been taking 20mg of cit for 4 weeks now for anxiety and low mood and a hopeless mood. 

I’m just wondering if anyone else takes cit for the same reasons and has some POSITIVE feedback they could give me? 

I also suffer with panic and anxiety, however I feel cit has massively helped with those aspects. 

Thanks in advance! 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have been on 20mg for over 6 months for depression and anxitey.They have helped a lot, however I do still have days when I'm really feeling low for no reason. Other days I'm fine just like my normal self, seems to be if I mess around with the time of day taking the tablet I get low spots. Would advise taking it the same time everyday, all in all I feel much better than I did 6 months ago.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply! 

That sounds very positive. How soon did you start to notice a difference? 

I take the tablet every morning but not specifically the same time... would it be better if it was taken at the exact time? 

Lovely to hear you feel much better! 

• Posted

Hi, it took a while, I'd say at least 8 weeks before I really started feeling ok most of the time. As I say I still have bad days from time to time. Mornings are the worse, by 1pm I'm normally a bit more upbeat. I try to take it at the same time each day, I think your body gets used the the levels in your system, by taking it early or late it gives the levels a spike or a dip which seems to make me feel off. That's just what I think, I'm no expert!

• Posted

Yes I’ve been told 8 weeks several times! 

Yeah I find when I wake up I’m very low, but as the day goes on and I keep busy it gets better. 

Did you work when you first took the tablets? 

• Posted

I had to, got my own business so just managed the best I could. It wasn’t pleasant and I’m still struggling at work some days.

• Posted

Hi. I suffer the same with panic anxiety and IBS. I have been on cit for 7 weeks now. I'm on 30mg now. I did have diazepam to help for a couple of weeks which I am almost off complete9now. I had cit for the same thing about 5 years ago and found it a massive help. 4 weeks is still early days but things will improve. Stick at it and I am certain you will feel.better soon

• Posted

Oh amazing! So you’ve tried before and you know it helped you? 

Yes very early days, but you know what it’s like! You just want to be back to your normal self. I suffer from a hopeless feeling which some days I can put to the back of my mind, and others it plays over and over. 

I hope you get to where you want to be! 

Good luck x 

• Posted

It will get better. I remember feeling like I would never feel better hopefully happy. I couldn't sleep or eat and just wanted to lay in bed all day. I'm so much better now and I know you will too. Younjust have to get through it day by day. You will see small gradual.improvents. you may have the odd blip but I promise things will get better for You!! X

• Posted

Thanks so much for your positive comments! 

Yeah I do have to force myself out of bed, but once I’m up and out I feel a lot better.

Thanks again xx 

• Posted

I always find the mornings the hardest. Like you said once you see yo and about things get a little easier x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.