citalopram friend or foe!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been taking citalopram for 4 weeks now. Just not sure how much of what i am feeling is the drugs or the depression! Still feel very anxious most of the time, and have an over whelming desire to cry..arghh...just so not me

Crashed at work so have been off 4 weeks now, they are being great, but i am anxious to get 'back to normal'...Back at docs next friday, should i still be feeling like this? Scared to change drugs if i have to 'wait for them to kick in' again..idont have that much time...any one got any suggestions?

Drinking...yes/no?

Have read that night nurse helps you sleep, has anyone tried this with the citalopram with positive results, so need 8 hours without the dvd player starting up in my head!!!!

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

xxx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am in exactly the same position as you, been on them for four weeks and although anxiety is slightly less I do not feel quite right and i am worried that they will not work although I have been on them before and they did work.
  • Posted

Give them time. Its too early to say yet. Please do a google search for Anxiety no More. I found this a very helpful insight into our condition. It will give you good pointers as to how you can help yourself.

all the best Linda

• Posted

i have been feeling slightly more anxious over the past few days but my period is also a week late. Could this feeling be hormone related, cos i am worrying that i am getting worse.
  • Posted

feeling much better this week...had a bad day last week...but doesnt everyone...it doesnt have to be the medication.Planning on getting back to work next week????

Taking nightnurse every other night to give me 12 blissfull hours of sleep.

Read the websites that Linda recommmended and they were very helpful...thank you.x

• Posted

Glad you are feeling much better, hope to feel lilke that soon, but I am only on 7th day...... Glad that they have worked for you.

I have been signed off work for 2 weeks, but right now I cant even think about going back, seems like the littlest thing stresses me out sad

But I have hope, and will not give up.

Jem x

• Posted

I tried this drug for 4 months os various theraputic doses. It did not work - made me feel suicidal. I changed to Cybalta, which is better for anxiety. It worked in 4 weeks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.