Citalopram hangovers

Posted , 5 users are following.

ive been on cit 20mg for 3 1/2 weeks , taking it at around 6pm , every day I wake after some disturbed sleep with a hangover from hell that lingers for most of the day , just can't shake it ! It is like the worst hangover I've ever had every day !

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I take mine in a morning, was never told to take at night.
  • Posted

Hi,

My GP and therapist told me not to take cit in the evening as it disturbs sleep. I take it in the morning. The sleepiness, yawning, headaches etc eased off after 4 weeks.

Maybe try taking it in the morning and see what happens?

Good luck

• Posted

You think maybe split it today and take 10mg today and 10mg tonight to start ?
    • Posted

yes you could do and then just start the 20mg tomorrow morning. Did you see the doctor?
    • Posted

Saw the doc , wants me to continue on 20mg for now and gave me some anti nausea med , it's bloody hard to get through though , I am just not sure whether I should give up ?!? Ten at night ten in morning twenty in morning ?!! And how to change as I took twenty at 6pm
  • Posted

I take mine in the morning also.  I have tried evening and found morning better.  GP also said morning was better. 
  • Posted

Hi Gary I take mine at 10 pm and I go out like a light. I do have a few drinks every night. Not bothered me at all. Been on CIT 30 for 12 months has taken this time for all reaction's to go .I men the yawning. Grinding teath and upset tummy.but try and focus on wat is happing now in your life .the past has gone and the future has not been written. So its now and not what could be and you can only change your own interpretation of life not others .its not in your control so don't try to. You will get no where. Good look

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.