Citalopram is really helping :-) - but still a few side affects on week 11...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Dr started me on 20mg Citalopram (wk 11 now) for bereavement PTS and general anxiety. Along with doing regular exercise, meditation and healthy eating (and very supportive husband and kids!) - I am delighted that my anxiety and depression has lifted so much I can cope with almost anything again and I do feel my sparkle and happiness has come back and I'm sleeping pretty well. The only problems is I feel abnormally tired (most of the time) but especially by late afternoon and my eyes and forehead feel tight and strained. Anyone know how long these drugs take to settle and can side effects eventually wear off after a few months?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cheri/what time are you taken the medication because the medication is the cause of feeling tired,try taken the medication just before going to bed.

• Posted

hi Marsh

yes i do take my tab just at bedtime. I then listen to guided meditation so i usually have a good sleep - but still wake up tired. I then go for a run or a swim which makes me feel good but then a weird groggy tiredness kicks in every late afternoon. with tight clenched forehead and eyes - its exhausting.

• Posted

Hi Cher/it shows that the medication is starting to work ,but time is an essence ,so just wait a little longer and things will work out for you ./There is no set times how long it takes for medication as each persons body is different ,but it will work.The medication works well ,however side effects of Citrolopram can make you feel groggy and tired in the afternoon.

• Posted

Thank you. Do you think the side effects will eventually go? im just wondering if i have to put up with and acceptance the afternoon tiredness and tight head and aching eyes ? or in time could that fade? everything else is so good

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.