Citalopram + mirtazapine to help sleep ???

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been taking 20 mg citalopram for about 7 months now , and after 3 months of hell I finally started improving in February 2021 ...

In March I was given Mirtazapine to help me sleep and they seemed to help ,but now I feel that all the old demons are back.. has anyone else had this ???? I am thinking that the mirtazapine has undone all the long awaited benefits of the sertraline...ANY ADVISE or anyone had similar ????

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

sorry I meant to type citalopram ,not sertraline...!!

• Posted

hello john i wouldnt worry about the time spent on citalopram being undone by the mirtazapine, as it might instead simply be that the combination of citalopram and mirtazapine isnt working out for you. it might be a good idea to speak to your doctor again and ask to change the mirtazapine to something else, and discuss other options etc

• Posted

Thanks Jones, I only wish I could find a GP with a GOOD knowledge of this confusing illness...

• Posted

I don't know if this will be of much help but I was on 20mg citalopram and 15mg mirtazipine a few years ago and it was fantastic when it worked. I can't remember time frames or how long it took to work but what I can remember is it did work. I only stopped the mirtazapine because my bloody GP prescribed amitriptyline because of nerve pain instead which messed me up, I'm still on 20mg citalopram and 15mg mirtazipine was added 13 days ago so I'm praying it works again, praying for us both.....

• Posted

Thanks Gary, I am trying to ride through the these horrible feelings, but its not easy...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.