Citalopram morning anxiety

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,

I've just come onto my 5th week of 10mg Citalopram. Anxiety seems awful this week. The morning anxiety is the worst 😦. Does anyone suffer morning anxiety? How can I combat this? Trying hypnotherapy tomorrow. Thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

i think everyone does lovely, im withdrawing and get it terribly, i find having a routine and keeping busy helps, and if you need to cry, cry it releases dopamine x

• Edited

good old dopamine! it definitely helps to have a cry. haven't cried in a few weeks even If I try x might watch the lion king to get some tears flowing I think lol x

• Posted

Hi

how are u doing u getting better

how far along are u now on the meds

• Edited

Toria is right keeping busy is what's most important in the morning x I think everyone I know with anxiety has had morning anxiety. it has something to do with your cortisol levels are higher in the morning and that's a stress hormone or something along those lines x

week 5 was a particularly tough week for me also but keep going x it takes a while for these meds to work x

• Edited

I find morning anxiety the worst.

I have it again now & been on this medication for 13 weeks.

At about 10 weeks i felt i was getting better but then when i was due my next lot if medication it were a different brand & i really feel like i've gone back to the beginning.

Anxiety/ thoughts have all came flooding back...Dont know if this is normal or not.

I am back on my usual brand now with hardly any relief.

• Posted

im still getting the morning anxiety and i start week 9 on Monday - my side effects are subsiding though apart from morning anxiety and tension headaches now and again x

• Posted

Thank you everyone for your replies. They really help reassure me. I seem to struggle more at the weekend when there is no routine in place. Going to try and put one in place. I always wondered why a good cry helps lol. Always makes me feel better and more calm after. im very impatient and getting annoyed the meds arent working quicker.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.