Citalopram or sertraline??

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a bad reaction to citelopram and got took off them, I had hives, vomiting, I couldn't even walk in a straight line, now the doctors have put me on sertraline for very bad panic attacks, like all day I'm literally so panicky I just don't get a break from it. I'm so scared to take them incase it does the same as the citelopram did. Any advice please

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm on sertraline have been on it for 6 months for anxiety I had bad start with the side effects and think I had all that was going... but I think most people do who start on it, I thought I was going to have to change to another A/D but after about 8 weeks it all settled and I'm would say I'm 95% Anxiety free. But I know how you are feeling my GP has just changed one of my other med to a new one, took it last weekend and I felt so poorly, thought my head was going to explode, had to come off it on Tuesday and I'm fine again. Like most things one doesn't suit all. Give it ago but obviously expect some side effects. They only thing I can say I carnt drink on them, if I have one drink it feels like I'd had a bottle the next day. I used to love my wine. But I'd rather be anxiety free than drink 

hope you get sorted. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you so much for replying, I didn't agree with sertraline either so been put on pregablin as an off label med, Im so scared of trying this due to the reactions I keep having from ssris. Sorry for the slow reply I've recently been in hospital with thyrotoxicosis, which is also making me wonder if I even need to take the pregablin or just wait for my thyroid levels to return to normal, but I'm on week 3 of taking diazepam to stop the extreme panic attacks and docs said this is my last box now as they are very addictive. I'm only 23 and I must say this is one of the hardest battles I've ever faced, I've got agrophobia, and haven't left my house in over a month other then the hospital trip and with 2 young kids it's really getting me down. I hope you get better soon, Coz sometimes it feels like it's never gunna end sad

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Bless you Charlie.

it sounds like you are going though a bad time.

I don't really know much about thyroid problems but I know it can make your heart race. So it's like having Anxiety with a racing heart beat.

but I to before I went on A/D I didn't want to go to work, see anyone, even didn't want to talk to my partner, who has been by my side thoughout.

having 2 young ones when your not well must be hard for you.

hope you have family round to help you out. 

Diazapan is very addictive so your gp is right.

hope you get sorted soon Charlie, keep me posted on how you are doing x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you so much, well I still haven't dared start taking the pregablin, I Darent atm too scared of reactions happening again sad will update when I start, thank you for your kind words x

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up