citalopram.. over a month in

Posted , 10 users are following.

hey all

i was put on citalopram after i went off the rails. been on it for well over a month and i am starting to get sick of the spaceyness. am constantly sitting here thinking what am i doing or just staring at nothing. anybody feeling the same after being on it for the same amount of time? and does it go away?

thanks x

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

I have been on Cit for 4 days & feel really wierd. Sometimes I'm spaced out & sometimes I feel wired & hyper ( not in a nice way) I feel sick & cant face food. From whaat I have read, people tell you to stick with it, but I dont know if I can work like this.I feel like I'm looking through a window t myself & sometimes feel I'm in slow motion.

You must feel bad if you have felt like this for 4 weeks. Do you sleep?

Take care

• Posted

hey i should have started 4 days ago but found this site before, im so glad i didnt take tabs, and im still feeling like you wired, slow motion have to think 2 or 3 times about what im doing, etc but im now not convinced these pills will work, someone else been on them for 7yrs not much hope for us then!!!

think finding somewhere for me to chat about my problems has half lifted a massive weight already of my shoulders, its always good to talk they say

i wish you all the success , keep us posted

• Posted

the side effects do subside, but Im very aware I am on medication....
  • Posted

[quote:504f331fd6=\"gymbunny\"]Hi

I have been on Cit for 4 days & feel really wierd. Sometimes I'm spaced out & sometimes I feel wired & hyper ( not in a nice way) I feel sick & cant face food. From whaat I have read, people tell you to stick with it, but I dont know if I can work like this.I feel like I'm looking through a window t myself & sometimes feel I'm in slow motion.

You must feel bad if you have felt like this for 4 weeks. Do you sleep?

Take care[/quote:504f331fd6]

hi

i have days were i can hardly sleep and others were thats all i do. its very hard for me at the min as i can not plan any day to day things n have to rely on other people to do other stuff for me.

let me no if ur feeling any better.

hopefully the side affects should go soon for me.

but ive had a constant head ache for 5days now.

have u had any head aches?

x

• Posted

Hi again

I'm on day 8 now, & no sign of symptoms subsiding. I could not go to work yesterday or today. I just couldnt face it. Mind you that was building up before I started the Citrolopram. I have not had headaches, but I have felt very paniky on occasions. I dont know if its the Cit or the depression. I'm going to the doctors again today to see what he thinks. Hope you are doing ok.

p.s my name was gymbunny before but it wont let me log in as that.

• Posted

I've been on them for nearly 4 weeks now. Most of the symptoms went away after two weeks for me.

I still get the occasional dizzyness when standing and can't sleep as much as I used to sad

• Posted

sleep without waking up in panic constantly and heart pumping with adrenalin .... sounds nice wish i could. no one knows i'm on this so my lazy behave in eve's from lack of sleep and sickness may make me confess. problem is it's the people around me that have made me need this in the first place.... good job i still have a sense of humour through this :D

good luck to anyone starting out fingers crossed. if you can not sleep then just think of the rest of us as we are awake too.

• Posted

hey all. hope use are doing ok.

i still have the headache from which i was telling yous about. so deffinately going to make an appointment for the gp on monday. ive noticed over the past few days that ive started to go off my food and feel sick anybody feeling the same?

i suffer from abcesses too and since 3days ago ive got 5 havnt had that many before so dont no if its the cit or just my body feeling run down.

lemme no how use are doing.

take care.

stace x

• Posted

this could be the most effective diet ever not that that was the aim but food makes me really ill at the mo. this makes you feel full after a couple of mouthfuls i find. hope the headaches stop 4 u
  • Posted

Hi again

I'm 2 weeks in now & feeling the same. Still feel like i'm not me anymore & am getting paniky too. My mood is no different as yet, no headaches though.

I'm back at the doctors tomorrow as he wants to see me every week at the moment. I haven't managed to get to work yet, & haver now had a week off. I just cant face it at all.

Hope ypou, are all doing ok.

• Posted

see i just wrote this on a separate post so here goes again.....

i have been on these 2 days now. i am at work feeling naseaus and tired a bit space4d out really. i am worried about driving home at 4.30 will these feelings fade by that time or will i 24/7 feel like this

would i be better taking tabs in evening before i go to bed any other advice would be nice

thanks

kat

• Posted

Hi

I have been on it nearly 8 weeks, at week 3 i was thinking they were not working so went to doc to ask for higher dose but he insisted 20mg was enough. At week 5 i was thinking about switching/going back to doctors but then waited. Week 6 i started to feel better, not great but not crying and less 'low, dark moods'. Then last week I had a week of long days & wasnt getting enough sleep and forgot to take the medication one day, and this seems to have thrown me out of sync again. I am tempted to start taking 30mg but I dont want to annoy the doctor by doing it without his permission.

But anyhow the side effects do pass, try not to focus on them and think about the longer term benefit you are trying to achieve.

xxxx

• Posted

Hi all,having been on these for over 2 years i think it takes time.It took me about 4 weeks to start to feel ok but its all about time!! they do work,i was having really bad anxiety and panic attacks they were awfull..Im so much better now and alot more confident on the tablets.I know i will probly be on these for a long time but to be honest i know im better off taking them as i dont want to go through hell again.Good luck everyone and take one day at a time..kim X
  • Posted

Hi all, i've been on them for two months now they are really helping me. I played around with what time I took them & have settled for midday, any later & I struggle to sleep, any earlier I get really tired. I also found lots of exercise helped me get through the first six weeks. Good luck & as the others say, give them a chance
  • Posted

Hi everyone out there ive experianced citalopram i was totally off it.The side affects HORRIBLE always tired weird sensation when i walked.My speech was slurred. They made me feel more panicky when i was outside .I went back to g.p and told her to get me off citalopram and try me on another which she did and now iam feeling a bit better nat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.