Citalopram refill

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I started taking citalopram a month ago, and today I was supposed to have a check up with my GP. Due to the snow though, the clinic is rescheduling my appointment, and they said they'd call me back to reschedule. Anyway, today is my last dose before I have to get a refill, but I was planning on talking to my doctor about if we wanted to up my dose or try a different medicine. Since I'm not getting automatic refills or anything like that, it might be a few days before I can get a refill, which will mean I'm off citalopram for a bit, especially if I can't talk to my doctor today because he couldn't make it to the office. Have any of you had to deal with something like this? What would I have to look forward to if I'm off it for a few days?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You will have withdrawals..if you start feeling off...is because your brain is missing its celexa...
  • Posted

You shouldnt be off them they need to be taken regularly telephone the surgery and ask for an emergency perscription there must be another doctor who can do this for u x
  • Posted

side effects as the ssri would not carry on ,however if you have not taken many dosages so far ,you may not get any or a smaller amount of withdrawal symptoms
    • Posted

I had withdrawals from and ssri..from just one week..not good...
  • Posted

Is your doctor surgery  on the internet ,if so you should be able to get an urgent prescription sent out to your nearest pharmacy or supermarket which has a pharmacy attached to it,like tesco ,sainsburys
  • Posted

Hi Page, 

I would call your Pharmacist and explain the situation and see if they could give a enough for a few days to a week until you speak to your doctor. 

• Posted

So I was able to get in a get my prescription with some finagling. Thankfully, the office opened up later in the day! Thanks for all your responses. Now I've been put on 20mg citalopram and 50mg of hydrOXYzine for anxiety flare ups.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.