Citalopram Side Affects?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Been on Cit just over a week on a dosage of 40mg, having night sweats, is this normal? 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi James

I have been on Cit.40 for two years. Night sweats are normal when you first start taking Cit. They do go away. 

One bit of advice I would give you is watch your eating habits. When on Cit. it is easy to put on wait. I have been T-Total for 2 years now, but I have still put on a stone in wait. 

Good luck mate. 

• Posted

Its just as easy to lose it while on these tabs too. In fact, losing weight is the more common side effect...xx

• Posted

yes, also feeling sick and headaches but this will pass. If you still have side effects after 2 - 3 weeks go back to your doc( or if they get to bad) Try to keep with it and dont be down hearted if you have a bad day.
  • Posted

James you mean to day you started with 40mg? As all on here know, I am sceptical about taking anything that makes you feel ill. 
  • Posted

I get these now and again too. But more so during the day.... Im also on 40mg..xxx
  • Posted

James there are plenty of replies to your questions on here and I am in a minority so better read what other users have to report. I came on here to discuss FENTANYL! All of a sudden there was a discussion on citropram and it was not evident there had been that change. I was also taken out of context by many.  On reflexion one has to bear in mind some people have been on a certain drug for many years and are in good health because of it. At one point even tramadol was mentioned and so the discussion on Fentanyl disappeared from view. It seems more are on Cit. than any other anti-depressive medication. As you see, many are content with it after up to 17 years whilst others suffer adverse effects. Its an individual choice whether you prefer those effects than feeling downright unable to cope. 
    • Posted

Mayday you are on the Citalopram forum, that is why most discussions here are about Citalopram.  I think there are forums for other drugs though if you look, it's a pretty good website.
  • Posted

it is normal your body is adjusting to the drugs bcoz 40 mg is a lot, usually its incresed bit by bit from 10mg.
  • Posted

In a word - yes!  Unfortunately night sweats can be grim to begin with.  They do fade away after a while, usually about 6 weeks before side effects ease off.  The only solution is to buy a fan for the bedroom sad
    • Posted

These can also be caused by a hormonal disturbance.
  • Posted

I want to thank everyone for your replies, I started on 20mg and worked up to 40mg. It's been just over a week now and I think night swears are starting to ease off, didn't have them Friday night and Saturday night but had them last night! Feeling a little better but sometimes burning mouth syndrome gets me down and I'm back to square one again! Thanks all!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.