citalopram side affects

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi just started taking citalopram and have developed a bit of tinatus (ringing in the ears) anyone else had this and if so does it go after a while thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Damo - call EmDoc right now! I had the most awful feeling of being "unbalanced" and it freaked me out so much I just stopped taking it!

Good Luck!

• Posted

Hi

I had tinnitus before taking citalopram, since then it has got louder and different tones. I just got use to it. Haven't got a clue if it goes after a while but everyone is different. It is listed as one of the side effects though.

Tina

• Posted

Hi i used to be on citalopram, i have tinatus, ive had it for years, ive seen a doctor but they dont do much. but i i had a hearing test and they dont me to have another one, and some people say, have a hearing aid as it helps with the tinatus, i should check with your doctor. maybe theres other solutions.
  • Posted

Hi Damo47,

I had in the three weeks slot of the side effects , it has now gone. I think we get anxious because we are anxious , keep going it will be get better, im so glad i did.

• Posted

I am weaning myself of cit per my Dr's instruction, because I too have developed tinnitus since taking cit. I'll see if the tinnitus stops then. I have 5 more days til I'm off cit. I hope it works.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.