Citalopram side effects

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there I'm now day 4 of citalopram 20mg feels awful so panicky and anxious plus plus to the fact my horrible thoughts I had with depression are worse and exaggerated I have rang the gp and await his call haven't took the dose today yet! Don't think this is for me! 

Had that saved gp contacted and said could be side effect of drug or my anxiety rising because the low mood subsided!! He has recommended propranalol sr for the anxiety! Took my citalopram later than usual as was gona try it at night this afternoon not as bad but still lingering! I know early days but these side effects are awful!!

Thanks in advance 

Emz

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Day 4 is very very early days. It can take 6 weeks to kick in and for the side effects to subside. You will be going through the worst of it now. Docs advise it normally takes about a month (depending on the person) for the side effects to settle down. You really need to stick with it hun smile ... it took a couple of weeks for me but a month for my friend. Also when upping doses its the same and its like starting the med all over again. Confrimed that with my docs last night smile .. I take my tabs at night as the side effects are a lot better the next day. if i take them on a morning i feel tired and sick throughout the day more than normal.xxx
  • Posted

Another side effect is the anxiety gettin worse. But this isnt forever and will settle down. Im going through it now with my increased dose of 40mg. Doc said last night to ride it out as its normal.xxx
    • Posted

Thanks Hun yeah it's hard work last night I was hyper and this morning a little restless like aggitated  grr! Got propranalol this am for anxiety and panic attacks haven't took it yet I'm very impatient so they better do one lol! 

Thanks Emma! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.