Citalopram side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on Celexa for two months. I'm still having trouble with insomnia. I am glad the diarrhea, and cold like symptoms have now subsided. But now after two months, I feel like I have constant allergies and a sore throat that has lasted- going on two weeks now. Anyone experience side effects months later such as myself? I haven't had fever, just sinus like symptoms and a sore throat that doesn't go away. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

yes, now you mention it I have also had sinus problems but I didn't put it down to the Citalopram.  It could just be an allergy. I put it down to having the central heating on.

• Posted

What dosage are you on? Have you recently change dosage?

I believe cold like symptoms are one of the side effects. My side effects varied week to week.

I am 3months in and initially my sleep was great but now, even though the majority of side effects have settled my sleep can be disturbed at times. I just try not to worry because I know I will eventually have a good night.

• Posted

Hi I have been on citalopram for 6 weeks and keep getting a sore throat stuffy nose. Throat is especially sore when I swallow. Doctor said I have a nasal drip and prescribed antihistamines. I don't know if it's citalopram related but I know it's gotten worse since I started it.

• Posted

I didn't know I had any messages/responses.  Thank you all. I was on 20mg. I'm trying to wean myself off now, it's not easy!!!! Now I am having sinus like symptoms again!!! (Amongst other problems).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.