Citalopram side effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on citalopram 10mg for a couple of months and have just gone up to 20mg. I was starting to feel better but now that I have gone up to 20mg I am having the side effects all over again; headaches, feeling dizzy, tired, blurred vision, etc. is this normal when increasing dose? Also when I started citalopram I noticed dilated pupils, especially in my right eye and my eyesight has deterioratated to the point where I now need glasses for driving. I'm worried this could be linked to the medication as I always had good eyesight up until now. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kelly,

There's another discussion called "anyone not had side effects on Citalopram" where there are lots of people who are at varying stages in their treatment who could help. But the short answer is everyone has different side effects and people often find they reoccur on dose increases.

Come join us in the other group. It's a lovely supportive place.

:-D

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, I have posted on there smile
  • Posted

it's strange you mentioning the eyesight thing because I have been on Citalopram before and never experienced anything but this time (on my 3rd week) I notice that my vision is blurry in the distance.

Thanks for mentioning this too as I just thought maybe my eyes were going funny lol I will mention this when I see my doctor on Friday

• Posted

Kelly I found taking citalopram stopped me from being a person,I found it was easier to say yes than no.This in the end gave me even more problems.I never told people my view but theirs,nice at the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.