citalopram to 30mg from 20mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

upped citalopram to 30mg and just taken 8th dose of 30mg from 20mg , so tingly , shaky  and can't focus my eyes , can't think straight , my anxiety was high before the upping but my head was clearing , now my head is muddled , intrusive thoughts , anxiety worse , constantly feeling on edge , is this possibly due to the increase ? Desperate 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes It's a simple as that Just hang in there It's horrible Scary You feel alone It will Bo OK
    • Posted

I'm really hoping it's the increase but not come across anybody else with these symptoms on an increase or for this long , really scary , thankyou
    • Posted

Don't hate me for this But I increased my dosage From 10 to 20 Eight weeks ago It made me so Bad I went back to 10mg I feel 100 times better. 3 years ago I was on 20mg this year I was weaned down to 10mg then I had a work related problem Got anxious started the sweats Head going like washing machine So I told the Dr who suggested I increased back to 20mg OMG I might as well died I hated it I then sat down And made a conscious decision to go back to 10mg. It's not been easy but It's a lot better now. I have to remind my self only I know why I feel like this Yet just to increase Dosage is not the solution I know when a Dr says it's ok we crack on Somethings need our input as well and what's best for us. Happy New Year hope it works out ok
  • Posted

Every time you increase your dose you will get side effects again as you did at the very start of taking this medicine.  Some people also find that 30mg is too much for them, some find its suits them well - it's always trial and error getting the dose right just for you.

Its always a waiting game unfortunately but it'll settle in time.

K x

• Edited

This is driven ng me insane ! Blurred vision , tingles and mixed up head ! Aaaaah surely 30mg is not that big an increase from 20mg , is this even possible ??
    • Edited

My switch from 20-30 was terrible!! It can take 4-6 weeks for it to get better. My head was foggy, I was drowsy, my anxiety was worse. It was bad. Have to hang in there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.