Citalopram to Lexapro

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've taken Cit for about a year, 10mg. Feel great most times. At times my libido is very low. There are many times I can't finish in the bedroom. I have a friend who takes Lexapro and says he has no problems with this. I've been thinking of making the switch from cit to lexapro. Any advice? Anyone experience these effects?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dubry

This is a common complaint of SSRI's though some people are lucky not to be affected. Yes its worth trying other meds to see if it helps or even lowering your dose can help somewhat.

If you're in the States then one SSRI doesn't affect libido (in fact it often increases it) is Wellbutrin. Its not available in the UK though it is prescribed as Zyban (Bupropion) for anti smoking.

• Posted

hi dubry

i get where your coming from mate

i was on 20, then 15, now reducing 15 to 10 on alternate days, im in a close loving relationship & even though the anxiety comes 1 st, this situation brings on the very thing your trying to be free off!

i can feel my libedo creeping back & having an intrest again.

is it worth trying 5 mg?

just a thought

rob

• Posted

Idk. Thats definitely an option. I originally started at 20mg. Tapered to 10mg over a couple of months giving each dosage a month to settle. Been down to 10mg for 5-6 months now. At times, I'm fine. More than I'd like, I struggle. Very frustrating. But yeah, I may try 5mg. I will taper to 7.5 first yho. The lower fosages can be difficult when tapering from what others say.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.