Citalopram to setraline

Posted , 4 users are following.

How has anyone experienced the transition from citalopram to setraline? Thanx.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have taken both, although I haven't switched from citalopram to sertraline directly. I have been on sertraline for about four years and I can't say it hasn't helped, although my anxiety is still an issue. When I first started taking sertraline the first day was horrible. I felt awful and had an upset stomach. I did think I was about to die, but I think that is going to happen anyway, it probably had nothing to do with the sertraline. After a couple of days I felt alright and as I said, it does help. I am on three tablets a day.
  • Posted

Same as the lady on the next answer,yep I went from one to the other. Only very minor things to worry about, so minor can't remember what they were. I am also on three 50mg. Daily. Still have my moments but. Much better than  i

have been for years. Am able to do lots of things that caused me anxiety before. Good luck

• Posted

Thank you I hav a young family so I really want to get better not go backwards x
  • Posted

So did I have. Read as much as you can about the condition, very common. Try to excercise hard. If you get the opportunity to see a counsellor take it. Don't despair,you will learn to cope with it eventually. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.