Citalopram very up and down with anxiety? Need some advice please :(

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am on my 13th day taking citalopram for the second time for anxiety. So yesterday i had a super good day almost felt like myself went to a wedding almost no anxiety and really had fun for the first time in two weeks ate a normal meal, interacted with people. I mean i had to force myself to go to the wedding but once i got there after some time i had an awesome time and there were people i did not know. Today however i feel so bad, super anxious since the morning, so tired. How can there be such ups and downs inbetween the days. Is it normal???? i honestly thought i was getting better and then boom bad again...

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hey lala I do think it's quite normally like when we have our good days we feel like we can do anything and everything but when we do to much it can knock us back because we have pushed ourselves so much!! so well done hun on how well u have done going to that wedding proud of you!! iv had some really good weeks but since this afternoon iv felt abit s**t so we were always up an down but give ur tablets time to proper settle in!! with mental health we are all so up an down!! good luck hun!!

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply I sometimes do forget to take it easy because i like being busy. I am also kind of new to mental health issues as i was always quite stable in my emotions but it just hit me out of nowhere and it was so hard to feel so different all over the sudden, overwhelmed with anxiety. Hope your afternoon was not too bad and soon you can feel better.

• Posted

aww bless you!! well I'm only a year or so into my mental health an its still can be hard for me an when I have my down moments it cannot out of no where an it can be hard for me aswell to cope with! for example iv had a really good couple of weeks but since yesterday iv felt abit down an emotional duno if I eat to much over the weekend or I haven't rested that much! but I guess we can all be up an down with our mental health! hope u have a good week tho this week an stay strong threw this because you can do it!! 💪

• Posted

hello lala it takes a long time to recover for most folks dr says 4 to 6 weeks just change that to 4 to 6 months and that will be closer to reality . you say you didnt want to go to wedding but when you did you felt alot better. thats one thing anxiety does to us it keeps us from living. same thing has happened to me i would make myself do something with family or friends and feel much better! stay busy with your hands do something you enjoy ! stay the course with same dose and same brand ssri for many months. higher dose isnt always better and a different ssri isnt always better. this is a time thing. if you change dose or brand the time for recovery just starts over. all the ssris work basiclly the same. i have a few resources if anyone is interested i can pm. and seek out katecogs on here she full of good info!!

hang in there !!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.