Citalopram - vivid scary dreams

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all i have been on Citalopram for about 2 months and im still getting vivid dreams. i feel good anxiety as ive been able to recognize my cues and accept my feelings/thoughts and be ok with them. The vivid dreams are my concern.. i felt like someone was in my room. i was afraid...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

This is exactly what I'm experiencing whilst being on Cit. Am 99.99% convinced it's the anti-depressants that are causing the very vivid and unpleasant dreams. Never used to dream like this. Probably easier said than done however please try not to worry too much about these dreams that's what I'd suggest anyway.

Hope this is of some help.

Kind Regards.

• Posted

hello Love, thank you i actually have been getting vivid dreams but last nights own bothered me. i was feeling like itll get progressively worse. i wont bother about it. how was your experience with it?

• Posted

Hi Sharon

I'm afraid vivid dream can be one of the side effects of these meds. I've been on cit for almost a year now and my dreams are still very vivid and strange.

I'm not sure if they'll subside but I'm currently reducing so hopefully they'll become less vivid as some nights they do affect my sleep.

I found making the most of it and keeping a dream journal helps. Reading back of what Ive dreamed of is quite interesting. I've even had a few lucid dreams.

• Posted

thanks a lot Carl, i will look into keeping a dream journal!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.