citalopram week 3

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi guys, im just after a bit of reassurance please. im on week 3 of citalopram and yesterday the fog in my head began to clear and i had a really good few hours where i could see some light at the end of the tunnel however today i feel twice as bad as i did!! is this normal?

tia x

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

This is normal and expect another 2-3weeks roallercoaster! rest as much as you can and relax! Do not go cold turkey if you want to stop the med. taper it slowly and you will be fine. Enough rest and sleep help shorten the time.drink more water eat healthy and positive mind.😄😄😄
  • Posted

Hi Katie,

It is early days and what you are experiencing is what we all usually experience. We may not have the same as others, nor the intensity, but yep yer right and just expect  and accept the unexpected. None of which are bad it does prove however, that Cita is working! We all wish it was easier, but unfortunately, it ain't.

One thing you should try to remember and hold on to, is that there is positivety amongst all the negativity (and cr*p!). You have had a few good hours, after a while they will turn into days and so on. Just try relax, etc as Phil said, but remember it takes as long as it takes and no one can really say how long.

Keep reading, but don't over worry. Keep posting, no matter how insignificant or silly it may seem, we've all been there! Keep learning and moving forward through all the fuzziness and cr*p!

You are here, you're not alone and you have us!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Hi Michele,

Sorry to hear that.

If you are on Citalopram then perhaps we here can help. If not look through the site directory and join a forum that is relevant to your meds.

Hoping things do work out for you.

David

• Posted

Hi Michele,

I can only talk about my experiences with Cita in the hope to help others.

All I can suggest is, post something here and someone may be able to help.

David

• Posted

Yes agree.  This is normal and you're experiencing the beginnings of recovery.  You'll have hours, days, weeks even, feeling everything has lifted only to find yourself sinking again.  Just keep going as you are as it'll get better and better and finally lift completely.

K xx

• Posted

Hi Kate,

I just want to say thank you for the reassure and advise over the past 16 months to me and everyone.

Sometime you just gotta say what ya feel! 

David x

• Posted

Hi David

Thanks 😉  Only done what anyone else would though.  How's everything for you ...... how's the job hunting too?

• Posted

Yer not anyone!

I'm not too bad, we are okay and as loved up as ever!

I forgot two doses a few weeks back!!! I think I just felt so good I forgot!!! I was all over the place and then Ann checked the card and DUH! David!

Job wise nothing yet. However, I am back in the groooooove when it comes to hunting for the job that deserves me!

Every day in every way I get better and better as a wise Frank once said!

Tea-time got go check on my assistant!

Take care.

David x

• Posted

Ive done the same - forgotten doses.  Makes me a bit nauseous when that happens, and I'm only on 5mg!!  Hoping something comes up for you job wise 😊 Can be fun hunting around ....... 

Talking of tea-time ..... time for a cuppa before zzzzzzz.

K x

• Posted

thanks for your replys everyone. that reassures me that this is normal. its so hard when you just want to feel "normal" again!! just got to keep pushing through then xx
    • Posted

You will feel normal again - it's often a difficult journey to recovery, and one that's not usually straightforward.  When you get there though it'll seem like a short time, but during recovery it'll seem ages.

Yes just keep going.  Accept every little up and down.  Just pass through each one and in time that nice feeling will stay 😊

K x

• Posted

thankyou so much Kate. i cant wait for the time to come where the good days outweigh the bad ones but hopefully not much longer. i am sleeping now and the anxiety is calming down so hopefully these tablets are working 😊 x

• Posted

Yep Katie afraid so... up and down a little to start, my best advice is to ride it out at all costs as the chems adapt to your brain and increase the serontonin. I have been on cita for a year started weaning off and they work a treat normalised me, after a few months  I was feeling normal again my biggest side effect was tremors but compared to the depression and anxiety I'd take that anyday. Hang in there katie wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.