Citalopram week 4 having dizzy spells

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been on citalopram 10mg for 4 weeks the first week I was on 20mg but felt very ill so GP put me on 10mg was fine very little side effects until 2 days ago after taking the pill I get very dizzy and light headed is this normal has anyone experienced this? I was given this med for panic disorder. I was also prescribed clonazapam .5 as needed but I only take half of that if I get panicky. Any info would be greatly helpful 😒

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

all the sued effect will start disappear after some weeks

medication will start work around 6-8 weeks

and u will be normal again after 12 weeks

this happened to me so it may happend to u too

it's need time be patation

• Posted

Thanks for the info it eases my mind to know that things will get better thank you
  • Edited

The side effects can be different for everyone.  Are you taking the citalopram in the morning or at night?  If it is making you light headed it might be best to take it at night so you sleep through it.  Though after 4 weeks side effects of the medication should have started to ease off.  

Have a word with your GP as 10mg is a low dose.

• Edited

I do take it at night and I did talk to my GP and told me to take the 20mg so I started last night and experienced dizziness and right now I have a headache but I am going to continue to take the 20mg until I see my GP in 2 weeks I also have therapy this week coming up hopefully that will help also
  • Posted

hi do you still get dizzy and light headed im the same 4 weeks in but started the pills while i had covid not sure if its the pills or covids

• Posted

Hey Jeremy,

how is the dizziness and lightheadedness? did it go away?

im on week 5 and just been super spacey for for weeks

• Posted

how are you feeling claudia?

i too feel lightheaded, dizzy and spacey. im 6 weeks in and hoping it goes away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.