Citalopram week 7 and feel awful please help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone,

This is my 7th week on citalopram at 10mg - and this past week or so has been terrible. Horrible ocd, obsessive thoughts about things I’m unable to check.  Waking up again at 5am everyday again and feel panicked and very sick with constant anxiety all day . This went away for a few days and actually had moments where I felt nearly back to my old self, so I’m not sure what’s going on. Please help or advise am feeling so sad and hopeless 😢

Thank you x

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sandpiper, this is all totally normal, honestly. You'll go forwards and backwards. Fine some days, feel terrible on others. Am personally typing on one of a few great days, punctuated by a god awful terrible one on Monday where I felt really depressed. You are heading in the right direction. 🙂

• Posted

Thanks so much Ruth and everyone else that’s replied. It’s very comforting to know. I hope you’re continuing to have a good week after feeling good yesterday smile xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.