Citalopram withdrawal

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on and off anti depressants for 30 years or so. Largely taken for anxiety. Been on Citralopam for about 15 years, at 40mg. Felt it time to come off. I went on half dose for around a month and then took 20 mg every other day, reducing to 0 over a period of about 3 weeks. Been off for about 2 weeks, but keep getting mild headaches over my eyes (very uncommon for me). Is this a normal side effect of coming off? If it is, how long might it last? Incidently, I feel good otherwise. Anxiety levels no higher than when I was on the drug. Any advice?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

alan all i can say is if thats your only symptom count yourself very lucky indeed 😃

• Posted

Thanks. But I simply don't know what to realistically expect. Like all drugs, when you look at possible side effects (starting or coming off), the drug companies simply list everything under the sun!

• Posted

The worst withdrawals are still ahead of you. Trust me. A month or so in, it will hit you hard. Hope im wrong, but just be prepared

• Posted

what made you want to cone off them ? i dont think i evsr will fo be honest

• Posted

I simply had been on for so long. I didn't think that I was depressed, and believed that any anxiety was controllable (for me).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.