Citalopram withdrawal please help

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi been on citalopram for a year now 10 mgs for 6 months then 20 for the rest ! wasnt great on them but i started taking 15mgs for a few days then 10 mgs for a few days then stopped ! i have the uncontrollable anger and started crying a lot again i burst into a fury then calm down but still feel tense !! dont want to go back on meds what shoukd i do i feel terrible

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

bless you lynne, im currently withdrawing and have had everything you describe, can i ask why you came off so fast? x

• Posted

i had a constant feeling if low mood and impending doom on them just didnt feel myself im still off them and feel back to normal and great ! citalopram kept me ill xx

• Posted

aw lynne that is excellent news ❤️ unfortunately i can only taper really slowly so i can function xx

• Posted

hello lynne, Are you back on the meds or are you still off of them? and if you are off completely can you tell me how you dis it andwhat you felt. thanks

• Posted

no still off them and feel so much better like myself again the cit was keeping me ill for all that time im so glad i stopped x

• Posted

hi,i was on 40mg for approximately two years,i stopped taking them because my memory was terrible,i stopped by skipping a day then halfing them,i done this for about a month,i had brain zapps for about two weeks and i can't remember having any other side affect,im not saying that doing this is for everyone but this is how i dealt with it.

• Posted

think this is my 8th day, I've been getting bad stomach cramps feels like trapped wind.

• Posted

fingers crossed thats the only symptom you get 😃

• Posted

will be 6 weeks on tuesday feel bloody amazing dont have that low mood or impending doom feeling anymore no intrusive thoughts !! the citalopram was doing alk that to me x

• Posted

Did you find the citalopram gave you intrusive thoughts?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.