Citalopram withdrawl

Posted , 2 users are following.

Was only in it for one month stopped due to extreme side effects. Been off it for 13 days and I cannot sleep. I have no energy dizzy and irritable. Feel hopeless. I was on it for anxiety. I am at my wits end. I want to sleep so bad.... I get maybe two to three hrs of sleep a night and have horrible crazy dreams when I do sleep. Idk whats wrong with me. Could this be withdrawl even though I was only on it a month. I can't even get off the couch. Or is something else seriously wrong with me. I was not like this before the meds.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi there,i have been on my cit for nearly 7months always at doctors because i have times when i feel like rubbish,tried to change tablets but just dont want to try anthing like sertraline im a bit scared of them i have stuck to 20mg cit and i am feeling a lot better but not quite there.i have had sleep probs for about 25years i take zopiclone but still only get a few hours broken sleep ,i try meditation which i found on internet and it really does help.i dont think you are having withdrawal you are prob still anxious.when i was at my worst i went to a and e thinking i was seriously ill so i know how you feel hope this helps.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply. I was no where near this bad before the meds. I had energy I could do anything. I slept like a baby with no issues of falling or staying asleep. It all started on the meds. Idk if I'm having problems because I'm not sleeping well or what. Doc said the insomnia would eventually stop but it's really bad. I have no no no energy and getting super irritated from the lack of sleep. I'll fall asleep and continuously wake up every hr and can't get back to sleep then wife awake around 4am. I just don't know what to do

• Posted

hi ,i really know how you feel you feel like theres no end to it,it maybe doesnt agree with you i would go back to doctors ,they told me i would sleep eventually but never have.try shouting in your head NO i am ok it not taking over my life,i will be fine do that until you feel it calming you down.
    • Posted

I told him about not sleeping and he said it will hopefully stop. He's a pcp and seems not to know much about antidepressants. I feel if I could go back to sleeping normal hours I would be ok. I can't even nap during the day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.