Citicoline for weight loss.

Posted , 4 users are following.

A 2010 study found that Citicoline contributes to hunger and metabolism management and weight loss while providing many other benefits. 

Any experiences?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

not heard of this - will be watching this thread with interest - I have just looked up and you can buy online from amazon 500mg 100 tablets for £11
    • Posted

I haven't started yet. I know there's prescritption citicoline.  I'm going to try to convince my GP to prescribe it. 
    • Posted

Quite inexpensive ...If you wish to try fisrt be my guest! 
  • Posted

I think that anyone thinking about taking Citicoline as a supplement for appetite control should be cautious. As a supplement it does not need to be tested as much as a drug. Consider what manufacturing and quality controls would put in place by the providers. Are there unknown dangers in taking this product? In any event, how would you know whether the product is effective. Would you need to continue to take Citicoline to keep any benefit that in any case is doubtful. I would not take neuroactive chemicals unless they were prescribed by my own doctor. Do not trust on-line pharmacies. They will sell you anything and just want you hard-earned cash
    • Posted

Fair enough. As I always do I read quite  few studies before I put this to discussion. I will ask my GP for a prescription.  
  • Posted

After some consideration I've decided to go for Choline (Citicoline's sister) + a couple more. So it's what is commonly called MIC: Methionine, Inositol and Choline, also called Lipotropic Factors in tablets form. 

Because of Choline's funtion I also expect this to be good for brain function. 

Any experiences with this combination?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.