Citilapram

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have been in 20mg of citilapram for 6 years and I am going through a really bad time again. I put my tablets up to 30mg 8 days ago and I don't feel any different! Should I increase to 40mg already as feeling so desperate as I suffer severe intrusive thoughts

Please give me your thoughts x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear the thoughts have returned. I too suffered with these and they're horrible. I would try and wait a bit longer as when you first increase your tablets they're likely to make you feel worse for about a fortnight until they kick in. If you don't feel any better after a fortnight, I would suggest discussing with your doctor and see what they say. Maybe trying a different tablet would make a difference. Hope this helps smile 
    • Posted

Thanks Laura. Were you in same situation? It's horrid, I just want to curl up in a ball and die at the moment 😢
    • Posted

Yeah I used to have them constantly about death and suicide and losing control of myself. It was really scary, because I knew I didn't want to do those things, so I didn't understand why I was constantly thinking about them. But being on medication has really helped so I would definitely talk to your doctor about it smile
    • Posted

Gosh if you are feeling that bad,please go back to your doctor,and if you dont think he or she listens,get another doctor.I hope you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.