Citilopram

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi ladies,

have any of you tried or are you on citilopram?

i tried lexapro for 4 days couldnt handle it 😦

thanks for any feed back.

hugs to all ❤❤

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I've been on and off Citalopram for about 5 years. It stopped the hot flushes at night and put me back on an even keel so that I could work.

I have several friends that are also on it for various reasons. everyone has got on with it. coming off it needs to be done carefully although its not addictive it can have rotten side effects if you go cold turkey. 😌😌

• Posted

i also only lasted 3 days on it (lexapro) many women take sertraline however im scared of the side effects

• Posted

remember too that some peopld cannot take anti depressants if any kind .... theres an actual test to confirm this.

• Posted

I am on citalopram and have been for quite a while, it helps me a lot but you do have to push through the side effects when you start it. its worthwhile giving it a go.

• Posted

what side effects ? how long did they last and how bad were they ?

• Posted

Ive been on them for over 10 years so i cant remember exactly, i do remember so nausea and insomnia but cant remember how long it lasted. Also everyone reacts differently and doesnt always have the same side effects.

• Posted

yes i have been on it for 1 year at 40 mg no anxiety during the day but i still have pounding heart and insomnia at night

• Posted

thank you ladies so much for all of your input.

im so confused as to what to do 😦

hugs to all ❤❤❤

• Posted

i think its a good antidepressant and if you have anxiety it helps that too

• Posted

Took citalopram for two years then they put me on 75mg of venlafaxin now I have been on 225 for two years and still a basket case.

Nothing makes me feel any better and when I'm really losing it they give me diazepam and that just m makes want to sleep.

Hope you get the right one.

• Posted

Tried it for three days. Was one if the few for whom it made anxiety worse! Horrible experience for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.