citilopram-pins and needles

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, i've been on citilopram for four weeks starting on 10mg increasing to 20mg.Recently i've been getting pins and needles in my arms ,hands,legs ,feet etc.Has anyone had this side effect.Belle

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Not until 2 ngts ago. I'm on 60mg and only when started taking with Mertazapine did they start. The edge should wear off. hang in there.
  • Posted

Hi, yes i've been getting pins and needles in my hands and legs quite often and my legs also feel numb sometimes. It mainly happens when i sit down. I've been on 20mg Citalopram for 6 weeks now and this started about 3 weeks ago. Let's hope it doesn't last too long! :wink:
  • Posted

hi,ive been taking 20mg for 2 weeks and mirtazapine 30 mg for 6 weeks,I dont get pins and needles but have had ringing in my ears since I started citalopramwhich is getting worse,anybody else?!

jo

• Posted

I have taken them for 2 months. my side affects were pins and needles in my hands, dizzyness and sickness. It took a good month for them to wear off. Have been to the doctor this morning as side effects of sickness and anxiety have returned. She says this is not common and is sending me for a blood test to test my liver. It could also be a different brand i have been taking. I am to reduce the dose to 10mg if i continue to feel sick.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.