Citilopram using a pill cutter.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Its me again and I was wondering if anyone else cuts their citilopram tablets into quarters. You see my GP upped my dose from 10 mg to 15 mg and I have 20 mg tablets. I was wondering if this will still work. I take half and a quarter tablet. Thanks for any reply.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes I used a pill cutter - it used to eek my pills out when I was on a smaller dose too, plus cut them when I withdrew.

My cutter also had a crusher which I used at the end of the withdrawal.

When on the tablets this worked well and did this for years. You don’t always get a complete even split, but what you’ll take one day you’ll make it up the next.

😉

• Posted

Thank you so much for easing my mind, I just dont want any thing to slow my recovery down.

• Edited

can you not get 10mg tablets and just split one in half?

• Edited

When I upped my dose , my GP originally wanted me on 20mg , but I am taking it slow to see if 15mg would work first. If not I will go up to 20mg. If I stay at 15 then I will get the 10 mg tablets.

• Posted

i always split my tablets in half and eat it i wont take the full 20mg as i feel that will be to much for me and its not always about the pill MG its about being persistent when taking it at the right times everyday as i noticed

• Posted

just take whatever you are comfortsble with my doctor tried upping mu dosage i didnt listen and stuck with what i begun with

• Posted

I am 😃 I'm tapering off atm. I cut mine in to a half, a quarter and an eighth. Taking it super slowly.

• Posted

are you getting many symptoms? my withdrawal is brutal and can only drop 2mg a year 😦

• Posted

Wow Toria! That is slow!

I'm only 4 days in and haven't had any negative experiences yet. Slightly more active dreams with weird themes but that's it.

What dosage are you reducing from?

• Posted

only 10mg, dont worry im in the small group that gets really awful withdrawal, when i reduce symptoms kick in at 8-12 weeks x

• Posted

I have used a pill cutter.

The pills I get now are scored so I just bite them in half. To get a quarter, u could bit it again - heh.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.