Citolapram (clexa) for 1 year and still drowsy - what should I do?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on citolapram for a year now to treat my anxiety. I am on the lowest dosage, and have been taking it during the day. It makes me very sleepy, I feel like I could take a nap anytime, anywhere. For the past few days I’ve been taking it before bed or with dinner, and I feel less drowsy during the day but have a harder time sleeping. (I also have very strong morning anxiety when I take it at night - is this normal?) Has anyone else had this problem? What should I do?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What dosage are you on? Maybe try in the morning. You’ll probably sleep better. I’m on 10mg. For 5 1/2 months. 
  • Posted

Hi Jillian

I take it at night too and yes I have the shaky anxiety feelings every morning, so it doesn't surprise me to hear that other people get it too.  It soon goes when I get moving.

• Posted

I also have shaky anxiety in the morning. Not all the time but I go weeks without it.. then its back. I am looking into dietary causes. A nutritionist told me that low blood sugar overnight and high cortisol in the morning can cause this. If I am not eating well, and experience stress. It all seems to cime back again.
    • Posted

I’ve actually been thinking of that aspect as well. I added more protein to my diet a while back and it definitely boosted my energy. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.