Citralopram increase

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there

Ive gad real bad anxiety and depression i was on 20m ct and now been put on 30m and i feel dreadful cant go out house without fear had panick attack yesterday as forced.my self to go out i wanna drop the dose to 20 and see if it helps only been taking 30 for about 10 days please help x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

First of all you have not been on them long enough to establish whether they are going to work. It took me over six weeks before I started seeing positive results. Your GP should have told you this.  Give it a bit longer before you start coming off them. I hope that this helps and that you soon start feeling more positive.

​Keep me informed

• Posted

How were you doing on 20 mg ?
    • Posted

I cant really remeber tbh had such a rough time but i was getting out be it being horrible i had a lot of sickness when taking 20 to start woth and think i was bringing alot ofot up sorry to sound discusting but im not sure really
  • Posted

This drug can cause worsened depression / anxiety in the beginning. It takes time for its therapeutic effect to be realised.

With regards to panic attacks, I've experienced these and overcame them. The key to overcoming them is to distract yourself with a task like cleaning. As panic attacks can make you have shaky legs it is important to defy it by standing up and perhaps start jogging on the spot. Doing the opposite of what the panic wants you to do is very effective.

If you feel very sick from panic, continue to eat things that are easy to swallow like soup and gradually start to eat anything.

• Posted

Thank you mark

Do you think i should keep on 30 then mate as thats what i been reccomended to do now

Thank you mate

• Posted

Thank you i have been told this and will do its just awful atm csnt even go out the door now without feeling like im gonna have anxiety or panick attack
  • Posted

I had bad side effects when I increased from 20 to 30 mg and at the 10 day point my anxiety went through the roof again. I've heard this happen to other people too. I'm 2 weeks in on the 30 mg and the side effects have started to go now. Keep going and things will settle soon xx

• Posted

Have u only not been able to go out since u upped ur dose

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.