Citrapram and monthly’s

Posted , 7 users are following.

morning everyone

would just like ask a question re a monthly cycle and citrapram

i been on cit for around 17 days after switching from sert as suffer with horrible anxiety so i guess u all know wat that feels like

was just wondering if any ladies feel worse at period times

i am 47 now and have many changes going on and i have started to notice s pattern

i feel awful when period due and anxiety is through the roof

wanted to ask if citrapram will ease these hormones of mine

kind regards

ps i am getting horrible night sweats and my sleep pattern is terrible plus periods everywhere

anyone else feel the same

is this the peri menopasal on way

feeling scared and so confused x

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

i have been on cit since NOV and i have been wondering the same thing. Two weeks before my cycle starts my anxiety starts to ramp up and i am completely exhausted. i hope this ends soon.

• Posted

I take lexapro but have taken a lot of antidepressants.

Im only 41 but I know my periods have changed since 2 years. Pre menopause can start when your young. I have read than symptoms can appeared 2 to 8 years prior to menopause. My ovulations are horrible and I also get worse anxiety, low mood and extreme exhaustion before my periods. Their is a lot of changes in my cycle right now. I can only be hormones imbalance also, I dont know. But at 47 like you, it sure can be premenopause. maybe ask your doctor for a hormones blood test.

Good luck

• Posted

Hey,

I too suffer with heightened anxiety, detachment & agitation a few days before my period. I've been on cit 10 months and had no issues with my period before. I was advised that hormone changes around your time of the month can interfere with the citalopram and unfortunately in my case causes these symptoms every month for 3-4 days. It's not great but I manage....I use my meditation apps, camomile tea, audio books etc to try & distract from it. Also knowing why it's happening eases it quite a bit too. Hope you start to get some relief from it 😦

• Posted

hi all

i am wide awake feeling scared but i know my period is due and since starting citalopram a month ago ive felt good last 2 weeks but terrible again the last 3 days like its all just come back again . i thought it might be the new packet of pills?

what does anyone think? its like i just started talking them again with side effects but no benefit

• Posted

Hey there, just dropping in to say hello, Moaney 😃 and how are you doing?

Hope all is well xx

• Posted

Sally, it's totally normal to suddenly feel worse. It's called having a blip. Unfortunately, they can be a bit random, although there's usually some trigger e.g. a build up of stress. Approaching period is definitely a trigger for a lot of women, hormones are powerful. I think it's unlikely to be your new packet of pills, much more likely to be your hormones.

• Posted

Hi Ruth,

thanks for your reply.

ive gone upto 20 mg been 7 days . is it normal to feel so anxious even after being on 10 for 5?weeks first

• Posted

Hi Sally

I've been good thanks?! How have you found things the last few days?? I just read your previous reply & I totally agree with Ruth....hormones are a massive trigger for many, especially me & it sounds like it may for you too. At least if you can notice a pattern & then have reason for feeling bad for a few days each month, you can focus on the positives, that you are getting well and that the medication is working, it's just those BADASS hormones. I just revert back to previous coping mechanisms each time and it helps to take the edge off a bit!! 😃

• Posted

Yes, for sure. Any time you increase the dose, it is like starting again, usually with side effects. A few lucky people don't experience this, but the majority of us do, so your experience is completely normal.

• Posted

oh thanks Ruth,

everything makes me panic.

it is a little easier today

x

• Posted

does going on somr sort of pill etc help

• Posted

yes what do you think ?

Its just that i come off the implant after 15 years .

windered if that might affect it all ?

or menopause im 43 and still have oeriods

• Posted

i know when i started my hormone replacement one month ago that made a huge difference in my mood and energy all well being.

• Posted

how did they know it was your hormones?

what are you taking for it?

• Posted

ihad hormone blood work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.