Citrlopam and anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Who else takes citrolpam and how has it helped and how long did it take . I've been on it it now for about 4 weeks and feel it's not working quite right I still a bag of nerves and tearful only thing I noticed is that I'm eating a bit better and sleeping better than I was but what other ways does it help and how quick 😞

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear this. Have you had this drug before?
    • Posted

No hun I'm new to all this anxiety and antidepressants im currently waiting for therapy but long waiting list . Having not been in this situation before I don't know if it's working in taking 40mg and heard it can take a long time to get into system feel constantly exhausted and tierd even though I've slepted for 7 hours 😕 x

• Posted

I started 10mg a month and a half ago and just got it increased to 20mg which is usually the maintence dose. I kept a journal everyday of how i felt throughout the day. I would say around day 15 i started to feel better eachday but still woje up anxious because i would open my eyes and say well do i feel normal bot feeeling as normal as i should so i would start to worry again and the process just jept going lime that. I was just increased 2 days ago to 20mg and praying it works. I have noticed after i take the celexa at night infeel completely normal and have been thinking about switching it to morning because i feel best while on it but not feeling the full effect because im sleeping lol . when do you take yoir medicine morning or night ?
    • Posted

Hi hun was taking it in morning but was feeling so tierd during the day I'm tsking it at night now as experiment to see if it helps doc started me on 20 then increased mine to 40 but like yourself I still wake up anxious it's horrid to be honest keep saying to myself is this working the only thing I noticed is my appetites a bit better and sleep a bit better I think even though wake up quite tierd still x

• Posted

I am on 20 mg now as of 2 days ago taking it at night but upon waking instill feel so tired and unmotivated. It seems like it takes me forever tonget energy through the day im just praying its a side effect and will subside but it will be 2 months on the 17th since i started the medication. It seems since my dose was increased that my xanax dont take the anxiety away like it did when i was on 10mg. I may try switching to morning to see if it helps with energy as i read from other users it help with the tiredness during the day.
    • Posted

I've only been on mine 4 weeks so don't know how long it will take to fully kick in and I see some benefits from it 😊

• Posted

Im glad your seeing benefits i am just scared i wont feel myself again 😒 hoping for the better. Good Luck and stay in touch !!

• Posted

Have you tried taking it with food to see if the effects can be slowed down a bit?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.