Citrolepam and phenergan

Posted , 2 users are following.

has anyone taken these drugs together.  I have a high anxiety level and can’t sleep. I have been taking zopiclone bought over the net but have developed a tolerance. I am on 20 mg citrolepam but it doesn’t help sleep five weeks in. I have read about taking phenergan but there may be a risk of too much seratonin?  Ie seratonin syndrome.  Nytol is too weak for me. I’d like to hear feedback from anyone taking both together. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Liz whilst I have not taken both I've had insomnia on and off for 9 months. At first I took antihistamines including phenergan, I took a dose of 50mg as lower doses did not work. I came off it and took Zopiclone but the 7.5mg did not do much so I upped the dose after a sleepless night to 15mg and got 7 hours uninterrupted sleep which was amazing to not wake through the night. The following night I took the same dose but only got 4 hours. To me Zopiclone felt like a natural sleep whilst on phenergan I felt "drugged up" and groggy most of the next day. Apparently phenergan has a much longer half life of 16 hours whilst Zopiclone has a half life of just 6. So the Zopiclone comes out your system quicker and therefore not making you drowsy the next day. Between those times taking phenergan and Zopiclone I used alcohol to knock me out, but the quality of sleep is poor on alcohol.

It seems like I have built a tolerance to sedatives like alcohol, antihistamines and sleeping pills as I have used them often and I need more to get the same effects. And also they work best if I've had zero sleep the night before.

I've been giving myself a break off them all for almost 3 weeks now and I can sleep on my own but I wake up a few times a night, however it's not as though I am having no sleep at all, most of the time I can get back to sleep quickly if I wake. Have you tried Zolpidem? It's supposed to be a bit better than Zopiclone. I'm thinking of ordering some online for emergencies when I have a night or two in a row of zero sleep as my doctor won't give me any Zopiclone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.