CKD stage 3+heart attack+diabetes +anemia

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am from India(asia)

My father 53 years age is having diabetes from past 17 years ,on 30 april suddenly he had an heart attack due to high BP as no blockage was found BP 240/120 .On the examination of Kidney he was diagonised with CKD stage 3 his cretanine was 2.0 and also high leakage of protine potassium was 4.7 and sodium was 136,Hameoglobin was 10.5 and elevated sugar level,Doctors advised for insulin and strictly odered to control BP.

Again tests were done after 1.5 months 17july 2017

His cretanine is 2.1

BP is 80/135

Hameoglobin is 8.1

there is decrese in protine leakage

we are very much worried what to do ? Mam can this disease be cured

how much time is there for my father to prevent dylasis .

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

As I have explained before there is no specific time, no one can give you a month or date as we are all very different.  I was 6% kidney function when I started some people start sooner it all depends on that person, their blood results and their symptoms. It will be for your father and his doctor to decide together when the time is right. I know its frustrating but they like to leave it as long as possible.  You also need to realise that dialysis is not a cure, its a treatment.  It will not improve his kidney function or creatinine levels (his creatinine will rise still) dialysis is there solely to rid the toxins from the body, it cannot tell the difference between good and bad so removes everything good things too.  You just need to trust in your fathers doctors and that t hey will be keeping a close eye on him and progress things when the need arises.

• Posted

his sugar level is normal Today but his feet has swelled ,and beneath his eyes also swelling is present ,his blood pressure was 150/70
  • Posted

Hi,

It will depend on his kidney function, creatinine levels and overall sense of well being.  He will have swelling a lot of people do as CKD patients often cannot regulate the water in their bodies. 

• Posted

Thanks helen for your continuous support .....

Today we meet India's one of best Nephrologist and many tests result came

His cretanine level has reduced from 2.3 to 1.87 and Homoglobin increased from 8.2 To 9.5 and sodium and potassium level are also in range ......he said results are satisfactory and ceratine level is stable ......we are also trying ayurvedic treatments and home remidies 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.