ckd3

Posted , 3 users are following.

can anybody help  im at stage 3 or at least i was a month ago back to see neph on thursday  bad itching last night on legs kept waking me up wondering if its the phosphates to high and what to do about it is there any thing i can use to stop itching does anybody know how`much phospherous is in 100ml of skimmed milk as i cant seem to find out on web  also had some blood taken on tuesday  and it really hurt not only when needle was put in but also while blood was being taken  and from the next day my bicep area feels really sore and still is today saturday any ideas or has anybody experienced the same usally no pain at all when getting bloods taking  wondering if either its the kidneys causing the problem or if the nurse has  dont know if im having too much phospherous in my food  and dont know how much i can safely have a day  and finding it hard to find out how much is in certain foods/drinks etc  any help much appreciated   thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Your arm probably hurts if you were not to keen on having it done and you tensed up (natural if you are not happay) regarding phosphate being too high, you can only tell for sure by a blood test.  You neph will tell you if that is the case.  If it is high they will give you phosphate binders to take with your food and tell you what to avoid.  Again the same as potassium unless you are told to change your diet don't.  If you lower your phosphate and its ok you can go into a coma and then game over.  After I had my transplant my phosphate dropped dangerously low and I had to take phosphate as well as eat loads of everything withh phosphate in.  Normal phosphate levels are 085 and over, mine dropped to 0.53 and there was talk of IV phosphate.  Milk, cheese, yogurts etc are all high in phosphate.  On here is only peoples opinions and experience and in some cases what people have read on the internet (which isn't always correct or safe) we are all inderviduals and so I would advice you not to panic about foods and stuff (easy to say I know) and only change things when you are told to by YOUR neph.  You have done the right thing making a list of questions just ask him/her all you feel you have to and that way your mind can be put at rest.  Good luck on Thursday.

• Posted

Itching!  It may be because of high creatanine levels.  I itch like made some nights (some days too) It can be anywhere from my feet to my face.  I am told it is quite common but also told that my creatanine levels  are not high enough to cause it.  I also have multiple chemical allergies - perhaps it is one of the medications.

SOLUTION.  Ask your G.P.if you can take Piriton (or any other anti-histamine) at night.  Creams - Anthisan-for small areas - (it is too expensive for large areas), E-45 anti-itching cream for large areas. Lanacaine - for groin/personal areas.

Hop thisi helps 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.