Claim for PIP

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I have sent my form how your disability affects you for PIP 3 weeks ago and was wondering if anyone knows how long before I hear from them re an assessment. I have been claiming DLA .

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It was well over a month till i heard from them.

• Posted

Thank you ,did they send an assessment date for you and if so was it near to home please.
    • Posted

Hi, yeah they did send me for an assessment but mine was done at home as i requested a home visit. x
    • Posted

Thank you I will wait and see what happens, I haven't requested a home visit so no idea where the assessment will be ...
    • Posted

it will also depend on who does the assessments in your area. ATOS have centers you have to go to where capita tend to do mostely home visits. maybe google it to see which one covers your area. it might give you a bit of a clue..x
  • Posted

Did mine two weeks ago set date was 2 and june
    • Posted

Thank you so much, just wanted to get an idea of how long before I my assessment date comes through from  the date you send in your form.
  • Posted

Hi isent my form on 2nd april had assessment (home assessment even though i hadnt requested one) and got my award all in the space of 6 weeks.

So good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.