Claim information

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I was just wondering how long it takes after a pip assessment to hear if you have got it or not.Its the first time I have ever claimed I am 50,I don't think I will be sussesful as I didn't have to awnser that many questions really.I suffer from anxiety and depression but look after my dad who has cancer my daughter has suicide thoughts and needs my attention as well so it's just all got on top of me the only way I leave the house is by my friends car or taxi.I can't go into shops where's there's big crowds or doctors surgerys it's just all come from nowhere when I was trying to tell her I started to cry because everything seems fine till you actually have to tell someone.She didn't ask me that many questions really

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

It depends on the backlog in your area and how long it takes the assessor to send their report back to DWP. Did you send in evidence to support your claim? They don't usually contact any medical professional for any evidence so always best to send it yourself. If you're not successful you can ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration. Good luck.

• Posted

I am about to reapply. How long does it take for them to do a reassessment? My award run out in June. I had to fight the original claim to tribunal stage after I had been awarded 16 points and a year and a half. I won the case. After I was worse off after shoulder surgery they took it away from me so I have bad feelings about the whole process. 😑😯😕

• Posted

Assessments also depend on the backlog in your area and all areas are different. Some wait weeks while others wait months. Was it last June your PIP ran out? Did you not ask for the MR last time? Sorry your post isn't quite clear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.