Clarification

Posted , 5 users are following.

Recently diagnosed, but before I go rip off the head of my sex partner I need to clairification as to who gave it to who.

Tons of lierature states that lots of people CARRY the virus, but have no symptoms and no idea they carry it.

Then there is literature that says when you get your FIRST outbreak, the person you had sex with gave you the virus.

So in my case, where I'm experiencing an outbreak, and having no other symptoms ever, is it absolute that my sex partner gave me the virus, OR have I been possibly infected for years, and the virus "decided" to show it's ugly head now?

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yep I would think so especially if it is very noticeable outbreak. Chances are that partner has symptoms still like blisters rash or what have you. All you gotta do is say hey let me take a look at it see what you see good luck dear sorry honey. There are ways to treat it especially decrease your stress exposure to heat friction and other things be happy to let you know
    • Posted

PS stay cool clean and dry. Are you female or male. Female seems to be worse you can even be on the inner thigh. And can't transfer to other parts of your body such as your eyes or mouth or any other thing if you have blisters and they have open and there is clear stuff coming out you will definitely transfer that to somebody even a baby! Don't touch it unless you have a protection in between your fingers and that blisters it's serious

• Posted

I'm female. My outbreak was horrific! It ranged from the anus to the lower labia. The pain was at 20 on a scale of 1 -10! Reminded me of childbirth. Couldn't walk for three days because of the pain.

• Posted

Yes I'm familiar the first few outbreaks are horrific. My first contact with it was in Amarillo 113 degree weather. It was very hot and we had stop several times along the way from Houston to B active if you know what I mean. Stupid on my part for sure what did they give you for it?

• Posted

Chances are that person has symptoms in either did not want to admit it because orgasms are more important or doesn't know and make love to you without the knowledge of having an outbreak. Not likely.

• Posted

Yikes! Hot weather ta boot. I've been given Valacyclovir for ten days.

As to the "did he give it to me, or the virus has been in me waiting for a time to strike", I believe firmly that if my sex partner is infected and is completely unaware (wasn't serious about the 'rip the head off'wink. I've known him for over ten years, he's newly released from a 15 year relationship with another close friend, and he and I see each other at gatherings a lot. This is a man whom I trust implicitly without reservation, and the STD conversation is going to break my heart. That's why I want to know so badly if it was "my virus" that decided to rear it's ugly head, or did he unknowingly give it to me? And if he wasn't infected, what if he is now because I unknowingly gave it to him?

• Posted

Your situation sounds very similar to mine and as it turned out he gave it to me...primary outbreak just 2-3 days after encounter and devastated! First reaction was "is it me?" and "how do I approach him?" The mind has a wonderful way of wreaking havoc in an already fragile situation....here's what I did, I learned everything I could about it and the transmission. FelisCatus was a life saver because on top of everything OCD was at an all time high!!! My approach...the talk...the dr says I have been exposed to hsv (the icky skin condition) as it was picked up by testing my skin however I have to wait for the blood test to tell me more because if the blood test is positive it was dormant for years without me ever knowing (I was only with him for years) most people don't know , I was just one of the lucky ones. If my blood test comes back negative then it's just been introduced to my body and I haven't had time to build up antibodies...either way I'm not pointing fingers but I/we have to know,so you need to get tested by blood (type specific antibody igg), so we can move on...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.