Clarification of symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

so currently if I do to much physically I feel absolutely awful not the next day but the day after ,, I struggle very much to feel myself it's as if I am outside my head looking in and just can not ground myself ,, it is a horrible feeling and lowers my mood and makes me more irritable,, these feelings will last for a few days ,,, physically however I feel fine and could for example play indoor football for an hour if needs be it is just the derogatory  mental effects that is ruining my happiness ,,,  I was wondering if my experiences are symptomatic of Cfs as Hcp s seem to to be ill educated on this therapeutic area,,, I have had every test under the sun and nothing seems to show up. Previous medical history includes sarcoidosis / hypertension 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Venla, I am sorry for your struggles.

My flares vary from time of ANY activity. Sometimes it is within hours, sometimes it takes a couple days and it leaves me wondering what I did!

In my journey I've learned that each of us manifests our symptoms and reactions just as uniquely as we ourselves are. Our symptoms may all be similar, but how they hit us is how they hit us.

Gentle hugs??

• Posted

if as you say in your comments you 'feel physically fine' I doubt very much you have M.E./C.F.S. as both affects you physically.

• Posted

One of the classic symptoms that ME  causes is PEM (post exertional malaise).

If you do too much physically but then suffer no severe physical effects after then it is unlikely to be ME. Mental fatigue is a symptom of ME though although I think most would say you really need to have the PEM effect.

• Posted

Thanks bob for your reply.   I tend to agree with u as I have no physical malaise or physical symptoms any different from any one else after exercise just feel indifferent mentally.  I am really just checking possible avenues or explanations.      So thank you. 
  • Posted

no  not CFS which is the other name for M.E which I had and still have residual effects of. Youmight get tired but maintaining a  false from ( which is not a conscious choice in my experience from the past is very draining so you will get tired doing that. HOwever you have energy  it would be a very mild case of CFS  if you can do that.

When people ( going by the 10 years 5 days a week therapy I had for the same thing) bury their feelings which makes for alienation which you are discribing, it usually means you have buried things you dont want to acknowledge or face, could be anything just untenable to you. in group therapy against much resistence on my part they drew me out and I have hardly ever had your experience since,  and I would recommend group therapy for you therefore.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.