Clarification procedure.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had cardioversion done yesterday for a-fib I've had since April. My normal heart rate before yesterday was 64-67, and now it's in the 90's to 101. Is this normal after the procedure? I feel fine other than a bit anxious over this.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Peggy. That does sound a bit fast, but might just be a reaction to the procedure you've had, and will settle later.

I have paroxysmal AF, which is not the same thing as yours. AF in general is a very variable thing that seems to effect everyone slightly differently.

Good luck.

• Posted

Have you spoken to your doctor or cardiologist about it? Normal rate is 60-100 so you are not much above.

• Posted

Ps. it's quite possible that it may take a few days to settle down as well, but I would certainly discuss this with your cardiologist or doctor.

• Posted

Mine was done a few weeks ago and mine increased slightly into the low 70's. Definitely check with your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.