Clarithomycin to treat. terrible bronchitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, about a week ago I started with a small cough and a nose that runs 24/7. The doctor gave me Clarithromycin. At the present I am on Oriencia and MTX. , any way has. anybody experienced that taking that drug is starting to make my joints start to hurt. I have been lucky with drug as far as getting rid of the pain, but now this antibiotic seems to be bring all thee pain.  I am writing this as I have an ice pack on my Jaw and neck

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Did you go off your meds? If so that is probably why you hurt
    • Posted

No, I am still on my meds. It just seems that every time I have to take that drug my joints starting hurting and I was wondering if it was just that antibiotic or do other ones do the same thing.

• Posted

I think it's possible. Whenever my mother had to take antibiotics, they would leave her weak and tired. So one causing muscle aches is not far fetched.

• Posted

Hi Jo, I too couldnt take clarithromycin and became really ill when I took it alongside my Orencia.  I was in hospital, admitted with pneumonia and becane very sick, diarrhoea, low bp, passing out and very dizzy and nauseous. I wonder if it just reacts with Orencia? 

• Posted

Hi Treezsh, are you still on Oriencia?  I have had bronchitis twice in 8 months and a month or so I developed psoriasis.  Wondering if I should think about another medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.