classic ME experience

Posted , 5 users are following.

just thought i'd share an experience we're all oh so familiar with.... :roll:

i went up to the high street earlier to do some xmas shopping. :gift: like all us pacers, ive got as much on line as possible and the rest in little short journeys.

:bus:

i'd got to that wibbly/dizzy stage :weird: and was just in lidl getting some bread before going home. queued for a while and was thankfully about to pay when this woman came up to the till with some flowers and said, 'i did just queue a moment ago, but i want these as well, can you just put them through for me?' :puff:

when she saw me looking at her she said, 'oh you don't mind do you dear? ive got a bad leg...'

i didn't really mind as the queue wasn't too bad and it was only one thing as opposed to several trolley loads, but it is typical of the way people look at us and see an able bodied person, never dreaming that that person might be about to keel over :roll:

she thanked me again at the end which was nice of her, but i couldn't help saying,' that's ok, i know exactly how you feel, ive got ME', which of course she didn't understand at all.

kate helped someone at her shop the other day who actually had a little card saying something like, 'ive got CFS so may need help/if you find me in a heap here's what to do' or something similar :shock: now [b:3bf5f27fa7]where[/b:3bf5f27fa7] do you get those?! :o

hope i haven't sounded too grouchy, was just one of [i:3bf5f27fa7]those[/i:3bf5f27fa7] situations that only other pacers will understand...

oh, and had my DLA turned down sad guess will just appeal in the new year.

Trees x

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You can really go off people quite quickly can't you.

I have lost quite a bit of some of my hair but not on my legs, where I would like to lose it. :oops:

they aren't that bad though Katie - Mrs Doubtfire my eye :evil:

• Posted

[quote:a3b07d85e4=\"katie.k.\"]

As smooth as a baby's bottom :angel:

Night, night folks :D[/quote:a3b07d85e4]

Babies bottoms can be all red and spotty and smelly (tee heee) :lol:

• Posted

Good luck for tomorrow Alicia.
  • Posted

Thanks for your little comment Alicia :roll:

You're only jealous :mrgreen:

Katie x

There's now an ad for a hair transplant ....... so who's reponsible for that then :roll:

• Posted

Thanks LouLou

Katie, you are welcome, yes I am a bit jealous :wink:

Don't think I will look into a hair transplant, not for[i:54dfd1e195] my[/i:54dfd1e195] hair loss anyway

:shock:

• Posted

[quote:c57038cce4=\"katie.k.\"]

Well, you will all be just soooo envious to hear ...... but when I was about sixteen, I shaved my legs and not a single hair has ever grown back :smiley:

As smooth as a baby's bottom :angel:

[/quote:c57038cce4]

kate is the same - no a single hair on her legs. she's like a little chicken fillet :lol:

Trees x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.