Clean

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone, I pray you are all doing the best you can be. I came to this site one month ago looking for information about emphysema. I found a lot of heart as well as people that were willing to share their stories. I was diagnosed with spots of emphysema on the top portions of my lungs. It was discovered after I received a CT scan for my head and neck. This Saturday I went in for my yearly CT scan for cancer. I received the results today. Doctor informed me that my lungs were unremarkable, the only thing they found was 3 benign lymph nodes. As you could probably guess, I was angry and thankful all at the same time! No emphysema. I jumped in my car and grabbed my phone so that I could tell my wife the great news. Then my thoughts went to all of you suffering from this horrible disease. Tears started flowing as I beat my fist against the steering wheel. To those of you that comforted me with your words, said a prayer, and shed a tear, I give you my heart. I intend to stay here and I hope that I can comfort someone else. Once again I pray that all of you can live many years. Thank you everyone.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yeah, excellent news, am so thrilled for you. What an excellent result. live well and enjoy your health. Very best wishes to you and your family for the future. Degb
  • Posted

That is really great! You have every right to be happy and relieved. Two weeks after my 50th birthday my lung collapsed and I had lung surgery. That was 4 months ago. Last week I had a chest ct, xray and spirometry testing. I see my lung doctor the end of this month to see how I am doingin there. I still have mild pain where they put a plate and screws on my 6th rib, but otherwise I feel good. Best of luck to you.
  • Posted

I am so happy for you & your family, Kevin. Don't worry about us (tho I for one never refuse a prayer).

• Posted

Im so happy for you, I have been told I have emphysema but it isnt confirmed yet, so I am holding out hope it isnt true
  • Posted

That's great mate really happy for you. I got told i had emphysema 2 years ago after a routine ct scan looking for cancer. we don't get yearly scans in UK

• Posted

Excellent news Kevin.  Congratulations.  Thank you so much for your loving words, it means so much especially in this day and age of violence and selfishness.  It's so comforting to share our problems with others and to know we are not alone.

God Bless. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.