Cleaning the house to improve my indoor air quality.

Posted , 4 users are following.

well I have taken down the window blinds and have them soaking in vinager in the bath tub as we can't use harsh cleaning agents   Vinager Also works great on Windows.  Any way I have lived in this hose for 8 years never cleaned the blinds and the water is so yellow from when I used to smoke.  I am just In awe..  I also go a couple of cheap plants to freshin up the pace.  

Any body got got some healthy tips?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I think I am loosing it, I went grocery shopping of course there are sick people all around some in front of me.  Anyway when it was my turn to be serviced I asked the teller not to touch a thing till she sanitized her hands well.  I made up some excuse that I had a immune disorder and was worried about germs.  Well she did as I pleasantly had requested.  I still did not touch my face and washed my hands well when I got home but, I just could not take it anymore.
    • Posted

Hi Pam. This is only my personal opinion. I know we have to take precautions but we can't let ourselves becomes consumed with what we can't control. My hope is continue living a normal life with the help of my Respirologist. I do what he tells me. I follow his lead. I refuse to not let certain things in my way. Check with your Doctor to see what you should and can do to protect your diagnoses.

Ellen

• Posted

Give yourself a break, Pam.. you'll find your way to some balance. I've had chronic bronchitis/COPD for a long time. Until this very exceptional year, I've never worn masks outside of the doctor's office. No one else's germs caused my issues this year; I just can't handle other germs on top of what's been cooking in my bronchiectasis.

I apologize for adding to your anxiety. Proper hand washing when you get home & after bathroom use combined with never touching fingers to eyes, mouth or around nasal opening are your best defense against all germs ,,, plus rinsing all uncooked fruit & veg before biting or cutting into them.

All else is pretty much beyond our control. Take a deep breath (away from the coughing,.sniffling hordes, lol) and know we're here even inflamed

• Posted

Oops! For ",,, inflamed", read

"even if flawed goofball moi is part of that 'we.'"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.