Cleaning up

Posted , 5 users are following.

time has now come to clean up. I kidded myself last year, thinking it was stress related. when really all i wanted to do was drink away, escape reality. now it is a mess, cant seem to get out of the cycle. help was there, i refused it in the end, after months of commitment. doesn't get any easier.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Relapse happens so fast. So much effort and all lost? Have you reached rock bottom like me? Gave up. Shame, guilty conscience etc. Stopped 6 years ago. Never looked back. Did you check out website foe The C3 Foundation and tsm? The Sinclair Method? Also videos there. Let me know. Never too late to stopšŸ˜ƒRobin

• Posted

Hi Robin, thanks. Do you think a pill works for emotionally problems?

• Posted

Hi Robert. Those pills would not work for emotional problems since they affect your drinking only and makes your brain crave less. However, the positive effect you might have could perhaps make you happy?

• Posted

Certainly if you can manage to get the drinking down to sane levels or even abstain without relapses, any remaining emotional problems would be easier to sort out with a therapist. Drinking often brings anxiety and depression along with it, only about 1/3rd of people with Alcohol Use Disorder has a psychiatric condition underlying their drinking.

• Posted

Hi Robert,

It's never too late to try again. Maybe you should contact the people you refused help from (was it your GP?) and ask if they would be happy to try and help you again.

It's a long journey and I realise now that temptation is never far away but you have to start somewhere so tomorrow morning get in touch with whoever you need to and start again.

Every drink you don't have is a bonus.

Keep in touch on here as it's a fabulous site and as Robin has suggested look into the Sinclair Method

as it seems to have helped an awful lot of people.

All the best

Claire xx

• Posted

Dear Robert, we have made some good replies to and some good advice. How are you keeping i wonder? Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.