Cleansing the system

Posted , 4 users are following.

What do people recommend in order to truly clean your system out?  I'm not asking about laxatives...other ideas that do a thorough job and not cause such pain and cramps.  Thanks.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Best thing is colonic irrigation, my friend recently got it and said it was amazing and not painful
    • Posted

......putting a lot of water up your bottom into colon until you flush clear water....

have an internet search if it was something for you.

(for some it might feel to 'intruding personal space' too)

It should not be done in people pretty sure, who suffer diverticulosis or some other inflammatory bowel diseases or kidney function problems since it does shift the blood electrolyte levels. Healthy kidneys do compensate well.

Especially if something is put into the water (oils, soaps) for irrigation, do a good research first since this can be harmful for gut walls. Might 'clean' it better but guts not meant to be that clean naturally and harm.

Colonic irrigation is like an extended version of an enema.

Hence sure working for constipation.

Have a good read, this full blown "much water into colon" comes from a time, when other ways (like picolac for colonoscopy prep) were not available.

It is highly doubtful it will clean toxin outs.

It does clean poo out for sure ...for a day.

But some people feel better just due to the fact, that the stool is gone for a day. So worth a try?

If there is impact on microbiotic flora (your bottom/anus closes up upon contact with water, never opens and that might be good for a reason?), nobody is really sure,

but sure is, that everbody after an irrigation reacts differently, the ones love it other ones get pain and that is due to the fact, not knowing how healthy physically the colon is prior irrigation and how it copes with the distension of wall.

Most seem to cope very ,very well.

I personally stay away from colon irrigation after informing myself and having  had to have this kind of flush out decades ago for operation prep, no thanks,

I rather work with being well, well hydrated, taking probiotics.

I felt horrible during and afterwards, but probably also due to the fact, that it was not my choice.

If heavy metals are a concern, but too little of concern to do an EDTA intraveinous chelat therapy, drinking silica rich water, horsetail tea and taking magnesium malate is an option to support body to get rid of heavy metal toxins.

Have a good read. Take ideas, infrom and then: it's up to you.

Best wishes!

• Posted

I do have divertiuclitis.......and removal of pre-cancerous polops every year...but....would sure like to just clean out my system...Have bloating and constatpation even tho I'm drinking water, stool softeners, etc.  Any ideas?

• Posted

unfortunately not.

Re colon irrigation/hydrotherapy and diverticulitis are very different opinions to be found in internet,

I guess that has to do with different severity or if acute at that moment or 'just' diverticulosis (without inflammation).

I would ask doc what he/she thinks was save for you to trial.

You sure have asked and searched about modification of diet so that less pressure is upon your colon walls. 

Psyllium husk is known to be good, IF you drink a lot with it. You need soft stools. Drink best spring water or filtered water. It also tastes so much better (our tap water is chlorinated, I don't like the taste. Where I came from, the purest and best mountain spring water - no need for treatment - was tap water/toilet water, hence never a need to buy spring water, what a waste!)

I have not used any of the colon cleanse advertised herbal or oxygen products. Can't help there, but maybe someone can.

But I have been using a lot of different probiotics, I tend to change the brand, the bacteria composition when one course is finished. I have now moved (after a lactobacillus and bifidus cocktail, sometimes an e.coli1917) to bacillus laterosporus.

I have zero constipation personally. I go 3 times a day, no diarrhea.

Having said so, my dauther eats the same as I, takes same probiotics and struggles with constipation, constantly have to watch it.

So there seems to be an individual 'bowel movement' factor, that has not much to do with environmental factors. But one tries and staying hydrated is sure a good start.

All the best!

• Posted

Please think very carefully about the colonic irrigation idea. If you are over 40, even more so. I was pretty desperate and willing to try something I wouldn't have normally considered. I had 2 colonies and ended up with a rectal prolapse immediately after the 2nd one. If you have any weakness in that area ,that you may not even know about..don't do it. Let's face it ,its hardly a normal thing to do is it? It was a big mistake on my part as the consequences resulted in embarrassment extreme discomfort and surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.